- Plant cannot move freely. Thus, their seeds and fruits need to be dispersed from their parents.
- They can be dispersed by wind, water, animals or explosive mechanism.
- The seeds that need to be dispersed by wind are small, light, dry and have wind-like structure.
- Seeds that dispersed by water are covered with waxy skin. It prevent water from entering the fruit. Air spaces in the husk help the fruit float.
- The fruits that dipersed by animal are brightly coloured, fleshy, edible and have smells. the seeds are usually hard.
- The fruits liked okra, balsam, rubber seeds are dispersed by explosive mechanism. They are dry